|Testimonials||Book Order Form||Activities||Adult Programs|
I enjoy speaking at all kinds of conferences about how I research, write and illustrate my picture books.
- American Library Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA
- Book Expo, New York City, NY
- European Council of International Schools Annual Conference, Nice, France
- High Museum of Art Visual Arts Workshop. Atlanta, GA
- Keystone State Reading Association Annual Conference, Lancaster, MD
- National Art Education Association Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Annual Conference, Orlando, FL
- National Book Festival, Washington, DC
- National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, National Harbor, MD and Minneapolis, MN
- PEN/Faulkner Children's Literature Festival, Washington, DC
- Ritz-Carlton "Community Footprints" Program, Boca Raton, FL
- Shenandoah University Children’s Literature Conference, Winchester, VA
- Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Conference, Birmingham, AL
- Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, Washington, DC
- University of Georgia's Annual Conference on Children's Literature, Athens, GA
- Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville, VA
Participating on a picture book panel at the 2015 NAEYC Annual Conference:
Participating on a children's book panel at the 2015 NCTE Annual Convention:
What the conference organizers say...
"One of the liveliest and most inspiring presentations that I have experienced at an author talk. The conference participants thoroughly enjoyed it and were very enthusiastic in their conference evaluations."
Linda Kilburn, Sequoyah Regional Library System, Canton, GA
"Many teachers commented that you were dedicated, passionate and inspiring. Thank you for your wonderful presentation."
Karen Huff, Shenandoah University Children's Literature Conference, Winchester, VA
"Conference participants commented on how impressed they were by Susan's talent, by her energy, and by her generosity with her time and attention."
Susan Bernadzikowski, Literacy for All Conference, North East, MD
"Her bubbly and exciting personality engaged the audience. She provided a wonderful learning experience on how a children's book is created."
Beth Shapiro, Maryland Association of School Librarians Annual Conference, Ocean City, MD
"She gave a dynamic luncheon address which our teachers found interesting and entertaining."
Peggy Albers, Georgia State University Literacy Conference Atlanta, GA
"Susan made an outstanding contribution to our Visual Arts and Learning Workshop."
Barbara O'Brien, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, GA
"She is a dynamic and engaging speaker, and the kids and adults were fascinated by her presentation."
Amy Alapati, Damascus Public Library, Damascus, MD