Peachtree Publishers, Ages 2-6, Pub date: 2008
Hardcover: $15.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-429-7: Total pages:32; Size:10/3/8 x 9 3/8
Board Book: $6.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-637-6; Total pages:22; Size: 5 7/8 x 6 1/2
Foreign: LUK Books Co. Ltd, Korea; Penguin Books Australia, Australia and New Zealand
- Outstanding Science Trade Book for Children, National Science Teachers Association 2009
- Science Books & Films Best Book for Children, 2008
- Cybils Award finalist, 2008
- Curators' Choice, Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, 2008
- 2009 Baker's Dozen: The 13 Best Books for Family Literacy, Pennsylvania Center for the Book
- ReadBoston's Best Read Aloud Book Award finalist, 2009
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Recommends, 2008
- Society of Illustrators "Original Art 2008 Exhibition" and the "Original Art 2008-2009 Traveling Exhibition"
"Every turn of the page reveals vivid paintings of exotic as well as common underwater creatures to
"Youngsters will tap their toes to the rhythm. An excellent teaching tool and an appealing introduction to thewide world of fish."
"This introduction will pique children's curiosity and should find a home in most libraries."
School Library Journal
"Vivid illustrations with beautiful patterns and great detail. A wonderful selection to use with the early grades as an introduction to the many types of fishes."
Library Media Connection
"Fabulous Fishes will make a big splash with youngsters."
Washington Parent Magazine
"An excellent first fish book."
The Virginia Pilot
"Fabulous Fishes is a marvelous meld of pure enjoyment and intriguing facts."
Young Adult Books Central