Coming out in paperback in March 2019!
Peachtree Publishers, Ages 2-6, 2008
Hardcover: $15.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-429-7
Board Book: $6.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-637-6
Paperback: $7.95: ISBN: 978-1-68263-099-0; Publication date: March 1, 2019
Foreign: LUK Books Co. Ltd, Korea; Penguin Books Australia, Australia and New Zealand
fish that like to hide.
fish that leap and glide."
Fabulous Fishes introduces young readers to both exotic and familiar fishes and the underwater world they call home. An afterword identifies each animal and tells a little about it and where it lives.
- Outstanding Science Trade Book for Children, National Science Teachers Association, 2009
- Science Books & Films Best Book for Children, 2008
- Cybils Award finalist, 2008
- Curators' Choice, Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, 2008
- Best Book for Family Literacy selection, Pennsylvania Center for the Book
- ReadBoston's Best Read Aloud Book Award finalist, 2009
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Recommends, 2008
- Society of Illustrators "Original Art 2008 Exhibition" and the "Original Art 2008-2009 Traveling Exhibition"
"Every turn of the page reveals vivid paintings of exotic as well as common underwater creatures to delight all ages."
The Washington Post
"Youngsters will tap their toes to the rhythm. An excellent teaching tool and an appealing introduction to the wide world of fish."
"With creativity and accuracy unusual for an early primary book, this volume has earned an NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book for 2009 designation."
National Science Teachers Association
"This introduction will pique children's curiosity and should find a home in most libraries."
School Library Journal
"An exciting way to prepare kids for a visit to the aquarium."
"Vivid illustrations with beautiful patterns and great detail. A wonderful selection to use with the early grades as an introduction to the many types of fishes."
Library Media Connection
"Fabulous Fishes will make a big splash with youngsters."
Washington Parent Magazine
"An excellent first fish book."
The Virginia Pilot
"Fabulous Fishes is a marvelous meld of pure enjoyment and intriguing facts."
Young Adult Books Central
Fabulous Fishes may be purchased from: