Peachtree Publishers, Ages 2-6, 2008
Hardcover: $15.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-429-7; Board Book: $6.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-637-6
Paperback: $7.95: ISBN: 978-1-68263-099-0
Foreign: LUK Books Co. Ltd, Korea; Penguin Books Australia, Australia and New Zealand
fish that like to hide.
fish that leap and glide."
Fabulous Fishes introduces young readers to both exotic and familiar fishes and the underwater world they call home. An afterword identifies each animal and tells a little about it and where it lives.
- National Science Teachers Association Outstanding Science Trade Book for Children
- Science Books & Films Best Book for Children
- Curators' Choice, Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History
- Best Book for Family Literacy selection, Pennsylvania Center for the Book
- ReadBoston's Best Read Aloud Book Award finalist
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Recommends
- Society of Illustrators Original Art Exhibition and the Original Art Traveling Exhibition
"Every turn of the page reveals vivid paintings of exotic as well as common underwater creatures to delight all ages."
The Washington Post
"Youngsters will tap their toes to the rhythm. An excellent teaching tool and an appealing introduction to the wide world of fish."
"With creativity and accuracy unusual for an early primary book, this volume has earned an NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book for 2009 designation." National Science Teachers Association
"This introduction will pique children's curiosity and should find a home in most libraries." School Library Journal
"An exciting way to prepare kids for a visit to the aquarium." Booklist
"Fabulous Fishes will make a big splash with youngsters." Washington Parent
Fabulous Fishes may be purchased from: